LATE SEASON HUNTING DETAILS:
- The late season will take place at Mitchell Farm only.
- Only members participating in the late season program can hunt at Mitchell Farm.
- Members participating in the program will get a separate back patch that will identify them as a participant in the late season hunting program.
- Members that are not involved in the late season can continue to hunt on other club properties as in the past
- The late season hunting program consists of five to six stocking days (weather permitting)
- Participating members will pay $300 to be in the program
- If a stocking is not possible due to weather, an email will be sent informing everyone of the next planned stocking.LATE SEASON STOCKING PLAN:
- There will be two stockings each stocking date.
- First stocking will be done between 7 & 8 am. No hunting is allowed before 8 am on stocking days. Hunters can hunt between 8 am and 11 am.
- Second stocking will be between 11 am and 12 noon. Hunters can start hunting again at noon and hunt until legal hours are up.
- The rules are the same as they are regular season. There is a two bird limit per hunter per day.
- If you hunted the 9:00 to 11:00 session and did not get your two birds, then you can hunt the afternoon session starting at 2:00 pm.
- Start time on non stocking will be 7:00 am.The plan for this year’s program will be six stockings. The first stocking will take place on Friday Dec.24. Then we will try to stock the next five Saturdays: January 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th (weather permitting).Ray Huntley and I could really use some help stocking, anyone that is interested, feel free to text to call 203-648-1387.
Open PDF to view…
Resident Game Bird Conservation Stamp: Under the new program, NF&G Members are exempt from purchasing the stamp while hunting for pheasant (birds we stock) only on Club property. You will need the Stamp to hunt wild turkey, ruffed grouse, bobwhite quail, chukar and Hungarian partridge at a cost of $28.00. If the hunter wants to hunt woodcock they will also need to purchase a Connecticut Migratory Bird Conservation Stamp which also includes the HIP permit. Cost $17.00. More information on the DEEP Website: Info on DEEP website
Please sign up to get your Newsletter by email. This will cut down on postage and you
will get notifications on events, stocking date changes, etc. You can sign up on the clubs
website under members Newsletter Sign up.