The Member/Guest fishing tournament is scheduled for June 3rd. Sign in starts from 6:00-6:45 AM with fishing from 7:00-12:00 PM.
If we get enough teams we will have prizes for biggest trout and bass each hour. We will have a separate pool for largest bass and trout for the day. Steak dinner with all the trimmings. Beer, soda and water. Dinner will be at 1:00. Cost $25.00 / person. We will plan on catch and release for the bass and your decision on trout up to the five fish limit. Call Rich Caruso 203-610-2859 or mail your check made out to NF&G. Mail to 5 Crows Nest Lane, Sandy Hook, Ct. 06482.
In an effort to provide additional hunting opportunities for those members choosing to participate as well as to make better use of the property available to us for hunting, this proposal for late season hunting has been developed. Following are the basic characteristics of the Late Season Hunting Program:
- This program will be initiated no earlier than 10 days after the final normal stocking date. 2016 late season start date is December 24, 2016. Only members participating in the late season can hunt Mitchell’s Farm.
- The Late Season Hunting Program will take place at Mitchell’s Farm only.
- Only members participating in the program can hunt at Mitchell’s Farm for the period during which the program is run till 1 week after the last late season stocking.
- Members participating in the program will get a separate back patch that will identify them as a participant in the Late Season Hunting Program
- Members can continue to hunt on other Club properties as in the past
- The Late Season Hunting Program consists of five to six additional stocking days’ weather permitting on (Saturdays).
- Late season will not start sooner than 10 days after the end of the normal stocking period.
- Participating members must pay $200.00 to be in the program.
- If a stocking is not possible due to weather, an email will be sent informing every one of the next planned stocking. No other method of communication is planned.
- Late Season stocking Plan:
- There will be two stocking each stocking date.
- First stocking will be done between 8 & 9 am. No hunting allowed before 9 am on stocking days. Hunters can hunt between 9 & 11 am.
- Second stocking will be between 11 am & 12 noon. No hunting allowed between 11 am and 12 noon. Hunters can start hunting again at noon and hunt until legal hours.
- The rules are the same as regular season. There is a two-bird bag limit per hunter per day.
- If you hunted the 9:00 to 11:00 session and did not get your two birds, then you can hunt the afternoon session starting at 2:00 PM. This will give members that did not hunt yet an opportunity to hunt freshly stocked birds.
- All members may resume use of Mitchell’s Farm one week after the last stocking done under the Late Season Hunting Program. This date will vary from year to year since the six stocking dates may be affected by adverse weather.
Just a reminder that the dog training area at 341 West Meeting House Rd New Milford is marked and ready for member usage. Any questions please contact Tony Vill at 860-354-2687.
Please sign up to get your Newsletter by email. This will cut down on postage and you
will get notifications on events, stocking date changes, etc. You can sign up on the clubs
website under members Newsletter Sign up.